This is about shaping the new future for Essent, in a rapid changing market environment, with new (energy) business models emerging in which Essent will play an important role. The Strategy team signals and develops new areas of business opportunities, prepares for decision making and advises the executive board of Essent.
What topics you will be working on:
- Co-creation of and research in specific areas of Essent's strategy, e.g. digital development; Energy+ services (non-commodity products and services, such as energy insights and energy efficiency)
- Implementation of specific components of this strategy in Essent's organization, e.g., Realize the development of new competences and experiences; Create and pilot new product and market combinations.
Essent is a leading Dutch energy company and part of the RWE Group, one of Europe's leading electricity and gas companies. The energy market is constantly changing. Customer expectations are increasing, competition intensifies, there is much attention to climate change and technological developments are moving fast. All these changes demand ingenuity, transparency, responsive leadership and delivering on our promises. Working at Essent means plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in a challenging environment.
For this position we are looking for a 3rd of 4th year student. You have at least the following qualifications:
- Student in de field of business or a related field
- Curiosity for the energy sector and market dynamics
- Motivation to make a difference, every day
- You are available for at least 32 hours a week, for a period of 3 to 4 months
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
o Deliver: result oriented, taking responsibility, being pro-active, and striving for concrete daily and weekly deliverables
o Connect: team player - connecting easily with others, speaking out
o Develop: eager to learn, bringing in own insights
- A unique and challenging internship where you have every opportunity to develop your competences, e.g., run analyses, facilitate workshops and decisive meetings, build board-proof presentations
- Getting to know the rapid changing energy industry and getting to know Essent and RWE
- Working in Essent's organization, with close link to business directors and senior hires:
o Strategy, innovation and marketing colleagues
o Operational excellence experts
o Diverse content experts, ranging from energy trading, product development, new energy business model experts
- Monthly compensation of 450 euro gross